The PitchCorrection3 is a Layout plug-in to correct a rotation problem that causes wrong rotation when you rotate an item 90 degrees or more on its local or world pitch.
It includes a Layout Command plug-in and a Scene Master plug-in.
Video Tutorial (Courtesy of Tanadrine Studios)
- Rotation Problem on LightWave3D:
- When you rotate an item 90 degrees or more on its local or world pitch, the heading and bank flip over, and the pitch is wrong value.
LightWave3D 11.6, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 (Windows 64bit)
- Layout Command
- When a rotation problem arises, use "Utilities > Plugins > Additional > PitchCorrection" at the frame.
First it corrects a rotation problem, limiting its pitch to 180 degrees or less, and use again to limit its pitch to 180 degrees or more.
- Scene Master
- Choose "Utilities > Plugins > Master Plugins > Add Layout or Scene Master > PitchCorrection: RealTime."
When a rotation problem arises on "Rotate" tool of Layout, interactively the PitchCorrection corrects it.
- Extract PitchCorrection30.zip to a folder.
- Start up Layout, choose "Utilities > Plugins > Add Plugins", and select "pitchcorrection64.p."
- Edit "Edit > Edit Menu Layout > plugins", and it will appear as "PitchCorrection" and "PitchCorrection:RealTime."
- Here it is as a zip file:
- PitchCorrection30.zip (v3.0/123KB)
If you encounter a bug, please let me know about the details.
- v3.0 (May 15, 2020)
- - Improved an algorithm for "RealTime."
- - Fixed a bug that rotated the first selected item when another item was selected.
- - "InferiorAngle" and "SuperiorAngle" were merged.
- - Remove "Scan."
- - Recoded to avoid using MS Redistributable Package.
- v2.0 (Jan. 05, 2014)
- - No change.
- v2.0 beta2 (Jan. 02, 2010)
- - Added "Scan."
- - Improved "InferiorAngle" and "SuperiorAngle."
- - Improved "RealTime."
- v2.0 beta1 (Jul. 15, 2009)
- - prototype of "RealTime."
- v1.1 (Aug. 31, 2006)
- - Fixed a crash when operating at a frame without key on LW8.5 or higher.
- - Fixed a bug that created the key which cannot be deleted on LW8.5 or higher.
- v1.0 (Apr. 14, 2003)
- - The First Edition