The PitchCorrection2 is a Layout plug-in to correct a rotation problem that causes wrong rotation when you rotate an item 90 degrees or more on its local or world pitch.
It includes three Generic plug-ins(InferiorAngle, SuperiorAngle and Scan) and a Master plug-in(RealTime).
Video Tutorial (Courtesy of Tanadrine Studios)
- It automatically corrects a rotation problem at each key of selected items.
- It corrects a rotation problem, limiting its pitch to 180 degrees or less.
- It corrects a rotation problem, limiting its pitch to 180 degrees or more.
- It interactively corrects a rotation problem on rotating items.
- Rotation Problem on LightWave3D:
- When you rotate an item 90 degrees or more on its local or world pitch, the heading and bank flip over, and the pitch is wrong value.
LightWave3D 9.6 or higher (Windows 64bit)
- Select items, and use "Scan."
Please you should save your data before using "Scan." because it can not use Lightwave's Undo function.
- When a rotation problem arises, use "InferiorAngle" or "SuperiorAngle" on the frame.
- Choose "Utilities" > "Plugins" > "Master Plugins" > "Add Layout or Scene Master" > "PitchCorrection: RealTime."
When a rotation problem arises on "Rotate" tool of Layout, interactively the PitchCorrection corrects it.
If you haven't installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) on your pc yet, then you must install it before installing this plug-in.
The package is available on Microsoft site:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details:Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package
- Run the PitchCorrection2x64.msi in the zip file.
- Start up Layout, choose "Utilities > Plugins > Add Plugins", and select "PitchCorrection.p" on C:\Program Files\SoftGeometry\PitchCorrection2x64 (assuming default directory).
- Edit "Edit > Edit Menu Layout > plug-ins", and it will appear as "PitchCorrection:Scan," "PitchCorrection:InferiorAngle" and "PitchCorrection:SuperiorAngle."
- Use the Add/Remove Programs utility on Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
- Here it is as a zip file:
- PitchCorrection2x64.zip (v2.0/209KB)
If you encounter a bug, please let me know about the details.
- v2.0 (Jan. 05, 2014)
- - No change.
- v2.0 beta2 (Jan. 02, 2010)
- - Added "Scan."
- - Improved "InferiorAngle" and "SuperiorAngle."
- - Improved "RealTime."
- v2.0 beta1 (Jul. 15, 2009)
- - prototype of "RealTime."
- v1.1 (Aug. 31, 2006)
- - Fixed a crash when operating at a frame without key on LW8.5 or higher.
- - Fixed a bug that created the key which cannot be deleted on LW8.5 or higher.
- v1.0 (Apr. 14, 2003)
- - The First Edition